LAcarGUY's Mike Sullivan to participate in Electric Vehicle Roundtable
We are excited to announce that LAcarGUY’s Mike Sullivan will be participating in the Sustainable Business Council’s Electric Vehicle roundtable this Thursday, September 30th. The roundtable is open to the public and is only $25. Click here to rsvp.
We have posted the press release with more info about the event and other panelists below.
SBCLA MIXER AND PANEL PRESENTS ELECTRIC VEHICLE ROUNDTABLE AND DRIVE-A-THON WITH KEY INDUSTRY PLAYERS
ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th AT VALCUCINE IN BEVERLY HILLS
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — September 23, 2010 — The Sustainable Business Council of Los Angeles (SBCLA), a non-profit organization which provides a professional networking and education forum for Southern California businesses and individuals working with sustainable products, services, and processes, will host “Electric Vehicle Roundtable and Drive-a-thon.”
The panel features six key players in this fast-emerging and competitive industry who will help guide the audience through a topic that is especially integral to the fabric and future of Los Angeles. The event will take place on Thursday, September 30, 2010, from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at Valcucine’s showroom in Beverly Hills. The distinctive presentation reinforces SBCLA’s commitment to showcasing environmentally-conscious businesses, and spotlighting cutting-edge sustainability trends and best practices across a broad range of industry sectors.
Moderated by Plug In America’s (http://www.pluginamerica.org) VP, Paul Scott, who is also President of the Electric Vehicle Association of Southern California, “Electric Vehicle Roundtable and Drive-a-thon” presents:
* Laura Marion, CFO, Aptera (http://www.aptera.com)
* K. Forest Beanum, VP of Public Affairs & Communications, CODA Automotive (http://www.codaautomotive.com)
* Richard Steinberg, Manager, Electric Vehicle Operations and Strategy, BMW of North America, LLC (http://www.bmwusa.com/ActiveE)
* Eric Shieh, Account Executive, Coulomb Technologies (http://www.coulombtech.com)
* Mike Sullivan, Owner and President, LAcarGUY (http://www.lacarguy.com/green)
This distinguished group of professionals—representing the cycle of invention to delivery and consumer use—will address the value proposition of these businesses and California’s leading role in the sector’s growth. “We will explain why this technology will improve our environment, strengthen our economy and increase our national security,” states Paul Scott, VP, Plug In America. “With the new era of electric vehicles mere months away, this is information vital to anyone who cares about these issues,” Scott added. Specific topics may include:
* Why is the timing for electric vehicles more ideal now than when “Who Killed the Electric Car” was released in 2006? What has changed? Or has it?
* What are the sustainable aspects of the vehicle industry vs. other forms of mobility, especially in Los Angeles?
* What are the economic implications of millions of Californians switching from 60% foreign oil to 100% domestic renewable electricity?
* What do national security experts say about the need to switch from oil to electricity as the energy source for our transportation fleet?
* What plug-in vehicles are available today and what will be available in the near future?
* How many charging stations are there, and how many are really needed?
* What companies are opening electric vehicle showrooms in L.A.?
* How important is the L.A. market as a model for electric vehicle adoption?
* What are the predictions for the future of electric vehicle adoption? What will be future trends?
“On behalf of the SBCLA board, I am thrilled to welcome such a strong representation of this vibrant, rapidly-expanding industry to the Valcucine showroom,” said Laura Berland-Shane, member of the SBCLA board of directors, and business development manager of Alternative Energy at SIEMENS Industry. “We anticipate a lively discourse that will inform and hopefully inspire creative thinking and planning in light of the current electric vehicle renaissance. We are particularly excited to note that many of the companies we will hear from are California-based.”
Advance registration is required to attend SBCLA’s “Electric Vehicle Roundtable and Drive-a-thon” panel discussion and drive-a-thon. To RSVP, please visit http://www.sustainablebc.org.
General admission price of $25 includes:
* Admission to “Electric Vehicle Roundtable and Drive-a-thon” mixer and panel discussion.
* Electric Vehicle displays.
* Tour of Valcucine’s showroom featuring sustainable kitchen furnishings.
* Light refreshments
The event is sponsored by Stonefield Josephson, Inc. LAcarGUY, Valcucine, “Dom,” Luna & Larry’s Organic Coconut Bliss, Summa Marketing Communications, New Belgium Brewing, Evenson Design Group and dubroWorks Public Relations/Marketing/ Project Management.
# # #
LAcarGUY offers automotive products and services to our greater Los Angeles area customers. The company carries a comprehensive line of vehicles by Volkswagen, Toyota, Scion, Audi, Lexus and Porsche, providing new and used cars featuring hybrids, TDI clean diesel and other industry-leading alternatives. LAcarGUY counts the nation’s top selling Toyota and Lexus Hybrid destinations as part of its family of dealerships. They also offer trusted car repair, original car parts, and financing as well two dedicated body shops.