Tag: giving back
Each year Subaru Pacific holds their Share the Love Event, where with each new vehicle purchase or lease $250 is donated to a charity of the buyer’s choosing from among the given options. This year the program managed to generate over $49,000 and more than half of that went to Heal the Bay and Grades of Green.
Grades of Green
Grades of Green is a non-profit organization that focuses on educating school-aged children about the importance of recycling. It empowers students who want to take action to help alleviate waste issues at their schools around the country. Over $15,000 was generated for the program, providing enough funding to educate around 5,000 new students. Each year LAcarGUY sponsors the Trash Free Lunch Challenge to help encourage students to come up with solutions for creating more environmentally friendly lunch setups in their schools, and Grades of Green will use their funding to run other programs as well throughout the year.
Heal the Bay
Heal the Bay is an environmental organization that focuses on improving coastal conditions throughout the Southern California area. The Share the Love Event generated more than $12,000 for that organization and the money will go toward more cleanup efforts as well as helping to educate people about the importance of taking care of their beaches. LAcarGUY had the privilege of being a part of the 2014 Coastal Cleanup day that Heal the Bay runs each year, and they helped the organization reach an astonishing 44,880 lbs. of removed debris altogether.
With fundraisers like Share the Love these two worthy organizations have more resources to work without throughout the year and can make a bigger difference in their communities and around the country.
On August 6th 2012, Subaru of America Facebook fans will be the ones to select two charities that will be part of the 2012 ‘Share the Love’ sales event. Over the past four years, Subaru has donated over 20 million dollars to charitable organizations through the ‘Share the Love’ sales event. This year, the annual event is expected to deliver 5 million dollars in donations to two fan-selected charities which are part of a select group of five charitable organizations. Voting starts on August 6th and goes till August 26th and fans have the option of voting daily.
“‘Share the Love’ has always been about giving back to our communities in which we live and work,” said Subaru Director of Marketing Communications, Alan Bethke. “Subaru ‘Share the Love’ charitable partners have always reflected the values and ideals of our owners. Empowering our digital demographic via Facebook is a natural extension for Share the Love.”
For every new vehicle sold or leased from November 21st through to January 2nd, the ‘Share the Love’ sales event sees that $250 is donated to the cause up to $250,000. The two charities selected by Subaru of America’s Facebook fans will join the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), Make-A-Wish®, and Meals on Wheels Association of America®.
Facebook fans will be able to vote for one of the following charitable organizations:
- Alzheimer’s Association®: The Alzheimer’s Association works to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research and to provide and enhance care and support for all affected.
- American Forests: American Forests protects and restores forests, which create habitat for wildlife, clean our air and water and preserve the health of our planet for the benefit of all.
- First Book: First Book provides new, high-quality books to kids in need, helping them to succeed in school and in life.
- Leave No Trace: Leave No Trace educates Americans of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly to ensure the long-term health of our parks, trails and waterways.
- Special Olympics: Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition for people with intellectual disabilities, unleashing the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport everyday around the world.
- USO: The USO is a private, nonprofit organization that provides critical support to forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen.
“We created the ‘Share the Love’ event to celebrate our owners and their passion for volunteerism and community involvement. And our charity partners continue to make the event better and better each year,” said Brian Johnson, national advertising manager, Subaru of America, Inc.
Fans can cast their ballots at the Share the Love Facebook page.