Tag: Sustainable Quality Awards
Business owners interested in protecting the environment and working toward more sustainable business practices may be interested in the Sustainable Quality Awards scheduled for April 21st this year. The event is set to begin at 11:00 AM and will be help in the Delfina Santa Monica Hotel Penthouse Ballroom. It’s going to be a fun day of awards, speeches, demonstrations and food for surrounding business owners and enthusiasts. A sustainable lunch will be served to everyone in attendance and there will be an hour dedicated to business networking for anyone looking to make connections.
Learn to Build a More Sustainable Business
Clinton Maloney, an expert in sustainable businesses with more than 17 years of experience in the matter will be giving a keynote speech at the event. Anyone interested in building a more sustainable business can learn something from Maloney and his wealth of experience and knowledge.
Enjoy a Bite to Eat
Attendees will have the opportunity to try out different appetizers from Uplifters Kitchen, Sunny Blue, Lo/Cal Coffee, and the Art Institute International Culinary School.
Pedal Up in Style
The Santa Monica Bike Center is coming together to organize a group ride to the Awards on April 21st. The ride starts at Santa Monica bike Center and takes a direct route to Le Meridien Delfina Hotel. If you’re interested in taking part in the ride make sure you show up at 10:30am. If you’ll need bike tuning you should show up earlier so you have time to prepare for the ride.
It’s a Green Event
This organized event will produce zero waste thanks to careful organization and planning. It’s lead sponsored by LAcarGUY and Morley Builders and will show off local restaurants that rely heavily on local Farmers Market Produce.
When and Where?
The 2016 Sustainable Quality Awards are set to take place on April 21st and the Le Meridien Delfina Hotel in Santa Monica. If you aren’t sure where that is, the address is 530 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA. Prepaid tickets for Chamber members is just $50 and nonmembers can pick up tickets for $60. Tickets are available online here or you can call (310) 393-9825 to reserve your spot at the big event.
If you would like to be more involved with the big day than just being an attendee now’s your chance. Visit this link to learn how you can be an event sponsor, a volunteer or an exhibitor at the 2016 Sustainable Quality Awards.
LAcarGUY is proud to announce that they will be honored with the grand prize at the 2011 Sustainable Quality Awards (SQA) at the Sheraton Santa Monica from 11am – 2pm on Wednesday, April 27th. The SQAs, a partnership between the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, Sustainable Works and the City of Santa Monica, celebrates local business achievement in economic development, social responsibility, and stewardship of the environment.
LAcarGUY is the first automotive dealership to win an SQA grand prize reinforcing the company’s leadership in an industry not known for its earth friendly practices. The grand prize was based on a number of factors including:
• LAcarGUY is #1 Hybrid dealer in the world, and Toyota Santa Monica is the #1 Prius dealership in the world.
• LAcarGUY offers vehicles at varied price points that utilize different energy sources (gasoline, hybrid, electric) lending itself to all economic conditions and customer choice.
• Toyota Santa Monica won the coveted Environmental Sustainability Award presented by Senator Pavley’s office.
• LAcarGUY was the first automotive dealership in the country to install the “Level 2” SAE J-1772 EV chargers for the new plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles.
• LAcarGUY is providing open access to the chargers at no cost in order to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles.
• Lexus Santa Monica is the #1 Lexus Hybrid Dealer in the U.S.
• LAcarGUY spent close to $15 million renovating the Lexus Santa Monica dealership instead of tearing it down.
• In January 2011, a major LED retrofit was executed at Lexus Santa Monica.
• LAcarGUY created the position of Manager of the Environment, a Green Team and a Green Newsletter that includes tips for employees on how to conserve energy in the office and at home.
• LAcarGUY has a long history of giving back to the community, and in 2010 employees volunteered at 15 events for a total of 650+ pro-bono hours.
• In 2010 LAcarGUY donated $200k to a side range of environmental charities including Heal the Bay, Environmental Media Association, Global Green, Tree People and Sustainable Works.
The 16th Annual Sustainable Quality Awards are Santa Monica’s most prestigious environmental event, and will be presented by LACarGUY and Morley Builders at the Sheraton Santa Monica on April 27th, 2011. Sarah Backhouse, host of Discovery’s “Planet 100″ show is the emcee, and Evan Kleiman, host of Good Food on KCRW will give the luncheon keynote.
Please take a few minutes and enjoy some of the photos from a few of our events: